Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease Awareness

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Brooklyn was diagnosed last Wednesday night that he caught Coxsackie Virus a.k.a. Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease which I know, Filipinos would joke about the disease being known only for the livestock since FMD had been plaguing the Philippine piggery for the longest time (not stereotyping Pinoys, but actually receiving quite a share of insensitive comments since my son's diagnosis like, "baboy lang ang peg?")

I find this article http://www.medicinenet.com/coxsackie_virus/article.htm on Coxsackie Virus very useful as it enumerates pertinent data that we need to know about the disease.


I have to speak like a mother here,
Grabe, Brooklyn's so nakakaawa. Can't even bear posting pics of him now.
I cannot bear to look at him while giving him a bath kasi nakakakilabot ang skin nya. I feel so bad for my son, going through all these right now...

Hay, if I could only take all the pain away, I really pray for complete healing and no scarring. It would be so awful if it scars. I also pray he won't be sad na and be back to the usual matakaw Bengbeng like he normally is.

Oh life!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments