ALS in the Philippines

Saturday, August 30, 2014

I got a little disappointed seeing a commentary that some Filipinos won't help raise ALS awareness (Lou Gehrig's Disease) just because this only affects Americans. Indeed a racist belief. Perhaps they haven't researched the disease enough to know that despite being centralized to certain race, it could still affect Asians such as Filipinos.

Need I cite an example?

 

My heart broke when I saw this video. Especially knowing that she's just given birth and she's only 30 years old. According to news, she's already seeing manifestations of most of the signs of the disease. She's been having difficulty in speaking and breathing.

Although having read that the Ice Bucket Challenge is somewhat related to the Illuminati and Free Masons, I want to reiterate that none of us knew about it until conspiracy addicts flooded the social media with those viral articles! I mean, people were doing the challenge not to participate in those rituals but to promote awareness + experiencing even for a short time, the numbing effect of ALS. I don't think Aga Muhlach has an agreement to sell his soul to the devil in exchange for a better career, more fit body, success in politics? Not just yet! Don't you think Richard Gomez would have done it by now if they were just randomly accepting members? I mean hello! Everyone does the Ice Bucket Challenge and I don't think all of them knew why it's being asked to be done, I mean, people were trying to be cute while doing it but kids nowadays do it as if they were tagged to do a survey on Facebook.

When we do it, remember to take note of the purpose. It's not to sell our souls to Satan but it's all about raising awareness about the disease.

We need to poke the attention of everyone that this could happen to anyone of us.

Help. Donate. Spread the news.

You Might Also Like

2 Comments