Red Lobster

Thursday, August 15, 2013


Two nights ago, my husband and I were in hunger fest keeping in mind that we are always like this every after Ramadan. Not that we've been fasting, it is just that we find it so crowded to go out during the holy month so we preferred staying in.

So there, we were supposed to go to Tokyo (as usual) as we are also craving for some teppanyaki action. But then I said, Brooklyn's at my folks so we can actually seize the time out and Wazed our way to a restaurant that I've seen from one of my friend's intagram. This kind of review I am making is as honest as possible, no ex-deal, no freebie. I am not posting photos too because I didn't take anything but the photogrid I've made for IG. Photos are available via google images anyhow, hehehe.

Service:
At first, I didn't like the service because they did not seem attentive to our needs. I don't know, I am usually transparent, I don't know if it did contribute to the switch or they just decided to be the exact opposite of my first impression. The crew had been accommodating and yes, attentive... They were generous with condiments and others... I was satisfied with the person assigned to attend our table.

Facilities:
The dining tables are standard American style ones... not that extraordinary (in fairness, I do not think they are trying to be). My only problem is them opening only last 5 June or something and the female WCs first toilet stall is closed "out of order" and the second stall's bidet has been removed. I am very particular in observing WCs and seeing used tissues scattered everywhere disappointed me... I should have brought my wee wee pads instead (barking!)...

Ventilation:
Awesome! I liked the ventilation because one thing that sucks all the goodness of a food place is if you leave the place smelling like food. I know my husband becomes irritated when I complain about the food smell, I must say:
  1. Try wearing a stinky abaya for the rest of the night out 
  2. Grow your hair as long as mine and see if the smell won't bother you a bit... 
Oh well, he will never understand how the smell stays forever (well, at least until you take a shower lang naman)...

Food:
The verdict --- OVERRATED.  I mean, when you say "red lobster" --- you expect something super amazing right? Like it will be the FORTE... the specialty... But to tell you the truth, Golden Lobster is even better (it's the one behind Suleiman Alhabib Hospital). I am not saying the food is bad, actually it is okay.. I mean, I would eat it... and probably go there again, but it's nothing so fancy to brag about. Don't depend on it if you are in an uber lobster craving...

Well, that's about it!

It's located in the north ring road by the way!

Photo Source: Trip Advisor

You Might Also Like

0 Comments