The Strangers (Star Cinema

Monday, June 10, 2013

However corny I thought this movie will be, I have to admit, I am giving this 4.5 stars. It is so rare that I stumble upon a Filipino horror film that scared and entertained me at the same time.

I have to admit, I am quite an elitist when it comes to Filipino movies because I only watch those of the A-listers and it kind of turned me off seeing Enchong Dee, I was hoping to watch movies that starred Diether Ocampo, Jericho Rosales, or Jake Cuenca at the very least. Anyhow, since we did not have anything else to see, I decided to watch it despite having postponed it 3 weekends in a row.

The story is basically about "aswangs" and how urbanized they are nowadays. I loved the story and how it didn't reveal itself quite obviously. Whenever I watch horror/suspense film, I see to it that I won't play the guessing game on my head, otherwise, the element of surprise is gone. I am happy the way I choose to watch these films because I end up always amazed!

This movie is one of the surprises of the Philippine Cinema. I was disappointed to see that Sisterakas earned more than this awesomely done film.

The only weird thing about this is:
1. Gary Lim seeing something that made him follow the family. What did he see?
2. Enchong Dee's weird facial hair. Can they not make it better?

JM De Guzman is really cute by the way and Enrique Gil's cuteness is just overrated.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments